Let’s Get Meta with Metadata, Digital Archives, and Relational Databases
Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Peter Brantley, “Metadata that kills,” Medium, (October 15, 2015).
- Jason Eiseman, Whitney Bagnall, Cate Kellett and Caitlyn Lam, “Litchfield Unbound: Unlocking Legal History with Metadata, Digitization, and Digital Tools,” Digital Law and History, Vol. 34, No. 4 (November 2016): 831-855.
- Jefferson Bailey, “Disrespect des Fonds: Rethinking Arrangement and Description in Born-Digital Archives,” Archive Journal (June 2013)
- About SNAC
- The Value of Metadata in Digital Collections Projects
- 5 Minute Metadata - What is metadata?
- Practicum canceled: Deep thoughts about data description and structure for project consultation next week.
- What is metadata? What role does metadata play in your research? What role does metadata play in the creation and functionality of digital history projects? What is included or excluded during the creation of metadata? What do we mean by “metadata is never neutral”?